Thursday, December 3, 2009

Okay, so these really didn't upload in the order I wanted them to, but it's 7 a.m. and I'm too tired to fiddle, so we'll see them as they come. :)

First, the girls' room. In this photo it's as done as it will be for a while. I'm going to get some ikea modular storage to make their toys look less cluttery, and we're getting Maddy bunk beds for her birthday in January (she's been wanting them for about three years. We told her we could talk about it when she was six. LOL) so there will be a great deal more floor space in here soon. I'll do an updated photo when there is one to give.
The ledge over the kitchen/dining entry. I've decided to collect Nativities (I have two so far) and they'll be displayed up here year round. On the left is the one my mother bought me- I think when she was pregnant with me. She'll correct me if I'm wrong though. On the right is the one that Jake's grandmother gave me for Christmas our first year together.
The girls'/guest bathroom. The only change in here since the photo is that the bath toys have been taken out of the trash can.
The kitchen and pass through into the living room. The ledge has Christmas decor on it right now, but will be completely empty the rest of the year.
The other half of the kitchen. Up on top of the cabinets is: (L to R) my cake stand, vases, serving tray, tea set given to me by Jake's gram which was brought back from Japan post-WWII, espresso/crystal stemware from my mom.

All the appliances are stainless steel. Fridge (with ice maker in the freezer) microwave, gas stove, and dishwasher. Granite counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms. Washer and dryer in a tiny laundry room off the dining room.
The view! This photo was taken with NO zoom standing on my balcony off the living room.
I'll have more photos to share shortly. I need to organize the craft/spare/storage room today, and then EVERYTHING will be unpacked and put away.

2 comments:

  1. I am still in awe of how quickly you set up house! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are looking great! Good luck with finishing up. :)

    ReplyDelete