Monday, March 9, 2009

3.9.09

I missed posting yesterday. Sorry about that, I wasn't feeling very well.


Funnies:

Today there were no funnies. Our day was a constant battle. One that I eventually won at seven tonight. More later on that.


Photo:

Today a package came in the mail for me, and the person sending it was sweet enough to think of the girls when choosing the things to send. Here they are, doing a photo "thank you" card to the sender:


Today we:

Battled all day over last night's dinner. I have finally reached the end of my rope with the eating issues we've been having. I decided that they ARE indeed going to eat what we eat. So, I put a little bit of each thing on their plates, and informed them that THIS was dinner. They didn't eat it. I then told them that they would be having this for every meal until it was gone. It took quite a bit of crying and screaming on their parts and saying "No." more times than I'd care to ever say it again on mine. At 7, they broke and ate it. As a reward, Gramma and Pa came to get them, and took them for ice cream at McDonald's. They'll be staying up late tonight obviously, since it's already 7:30 and bedtime is at 7. Phew... It was a hard won battle, but hopefully subsequent ones will be easier.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That is awesome that you stuck to your guns - not always an easy thing to do. It will make things much easier in the future once they get used to it. :)

    ReplyDelete